Hi, dylansdad! Looks like you done good! awesome

There are some other possible savings not on your list, besides those mentioned above. Of course, some may cost more $$$ per ounce saved than they are worth!

Extra clothing (clothing carried): I don't see anything listed except your rain shell. The potential big savings here is not taking any changes of clothing except an extra pair or two of socks--leave the change of clothes in your vehicle (a long with some wet wipes for cleanup) to change into at the trailhead at the end of the trip. The clothing you should take should be sufficient to keep you warm and dry, when worn all at one time, in the worst possible conditions you might encounter on the trip.

The rain jacket is awfully heavy--you should be able to find something equally suitable in the 8-10 oz. range. Watch for sales!

Solo tents are available at 2 lbs. or less. Consider those which use your trekking poles for support. Also sleeping bags at 2 lbs or less. Of course these often get into the bigger $$$!

While your backpack is (by my standards) awfully heavy (mine is 29 oz), save this until you've cut more weight elsewhere. It's a lot easier to carry lighter weight in a heavy pack than to carry heavier stuff in a lightweight pack!

Trekking poles could be replaced by carbon fiber ones weighing ~14 oz.

Is the mug your new pot to replace the Jetboil pot? If not, consider drinking out of your cooking pot.

I assume you have or will have tested all these items at home in the backyard or car camping or on a short overnighter before taking them on a longer trip!

Edited by OregonMouse (12/13/16 03:02 PM)