Hi there, I'm a newbie to the forum, but I hope you guys can help.

TL;DR I broke my collar bone a few years ago, and somehow need to cushion or pack around the resulting odd shape to distribute the weight of the shoulder strap from a kiddie back pack over the whole bone rather that just the bit that is protruding higher. This is so I can carry the heavier weight that my son is bound to be in the not too distant future.

Back story:

My newborn son LOVES being outside, we're talking full red-faced unconsolable crying to "This is the best thing ever!!" from just walking outside (usually followed by falling asleep, he's only 5 weeks). At the moment we have a sling which works fine, but soon he'll graduate from that and will probably be in a kiddie back pack.

The problem is a few years ago I shattered my collar bone mountain biking (three main lumps and a bunch of smaller ones) and the three main lumps healed back in a kind of "Z" shape which causes me two problems with a heavy back pack. One the lump of the "Z" sits right in the middle of where a back pack strap wants to sit, if I allow the strap to sit wider it pulls my shoulder joint away. Two my right shoulder is about an inch lower than my left meaning most straps are pushed outwards somewhat.

I do a fair amount of hiking, but all effectively day trips, so my pack is at most 10kg (22lbs) if I am carrying water and food for other people I am walking with, and usually a lot less. even at that weight it is uncomfortable by the end of the day. Given my son is already 5kg, a 10kg weight limit isn;t going to cut it.

So any ideas how I can pad my shoulder to spread the weight over the upper and lower parts of the Z. I would really like to fuel my son's enjoyment of the outdoors.