I'm becoming a convert to tarps. However last night I spent a night up high in open alpine country and something interesting happened. We had clear skies and beautiful weather. I suppose it only got down to 45F at night. I had pitched my 7x10 tarp up high of the ground a foot or so in an "A" configuration and there was a nice breeze all night. completely open on two sides, of course. However, I got a ton of condensation on the inside and outside of the tarp. the breeze shook the tarp enough to make it "rain" under the tarp. My sleeping bag also got condensation, but has a relatively waterproof/breathable shell so it was not a problem. I always assumed enough ventilation would take care of the problem, but no way. It all dried out quickly when the sun came up, but had it rained or been cool and overcast I would have had to put everything away wet. Is there any solution to the problem of heavy condensation when atmospheric conditions are prime for it? Oh, and how do I add a jepg photo here?

Edited by Jim M (08/04/16 11:01 PM)