I'm not an instant coffee person myself, but I do drink lots of coffee. Drip filter, french press, lattes, cappuccinos, etc. One thing that I found was good for instant coffee (for my tastes) was micro ground packets. The ones I've had were from Starbucks, and to me it was more like "real" coffee than the instant versions. I think Starbucks ones were sold as VIA, or something like that. It's been a few years since I had some, so not sure they even sell it. I've seen it sold in grocery stores here in Canada too, so there may be other brands that might work. Basically, from what I gather, it's coffee beans ground up really really fine, that you end up drinking the grounds and don't notice it. It's like a fine powder consistency. That might fall under the "gourmet" camp coffee.

oops, just noticed someone else also mentioned the VIA earlier.

I wonder if you ground up whole beans really fine, if you could then mortise & pestle them fine enough to act like the micro grind VIA does, and then you could buy whole beans in the kind that you like. I should buy a m&p and try it.

Edited by Zuuk (06/30/16 09:24 AM)