My dog is gonna be sniffing my face tomorrow morning, and I'm gonna wake up thinking it's a bear... thanks! wink

I love bears. Was hunting one year with a friend, and a mother & cub came out. I filmed them with my camera, and my friend took still pictures of them (we didn't shoot them!) Their behaviour was something to watch up close. I was about 8 yards away, my friend 10 yards. Momma bear walked up to his tree, looked up at him as if to say "stay right there" and went back to watching over her cub. She also kept looking into one area where I think a juvenile bear was waiting to come in, but again, she was the boss. That was my best day hunting ever.

Bear spray should work on moose. They're half nose to begin with. Although, it could just make them mad too. A young moose during the rutting season is dangerous because he's so frustrated he can't get any action due to the dominant ones keeping him away. They get crazy and will do unpredictable stuff. They are the top of the food chain, with no natural predators (other than bear & wolves/coyotes when they are very young) so they don't have any fear when they get annoyed. At least you don't have to worry about attracting them with food smells.