New to the forum so thought I would do a quick intro.

Hi my name’s Pat and I enjoy camping, hiking and generally being out in the bush. I grew up in the outback with my two brothers where we would spend all of our free time in the bush exploring and making shelters to camp in. This has grown into a passion for the 3 of us in our adult life.

My wife was a city girl growing up and her idea of camping was somewhere there is a cabin and working hot shower. In 2012 we moved to far north Queensland in the middle of the bush with our closest major town being over 4 hours away. In the past few years I have shown my wife how great it can be getting out and hiking all day to end up at a beautiful waterfall or swimming hole and spend the night there in our tent.

We have since moved back to the city frown but the hiking and camping bug has now firmly attached itself to her which is great. There are a lot of national parks within a couple hours drive of us so we still get to get out amongst it every now and then.

We are working towards doing a 3 day hike in the Gold Coast hinterlands probably in September or October this year once it warms up again. This should prove quite a challenge as it is a 60km (37miles) hike. I have created a blog for my friends and family to read as we work towards this goal.

It is an awesome feeling to be able to share my love of the outdoors now with my wife who was very skeptical at first (especially about using the bathroom). I look forward to being a part of this community and hopefully sharing some of my experiences with you guys.

Edited by Boomstix (04/11/16 02:37 AM)