Jim, good post! One of my best pals is a food process engineer for big companies you've heard of, tasked with upscaling recipes to rail tank car size. We got in a discussion of all the different chemicals and minerals added to our food, and why. Titanium is in just about everything that requires "white"...toothpaste as an example. Aluminum is used in large scale brewing (Guinness is famous for it.). Clay, compounds from fish swim bladders, on and on. My trusty Mirro aluminum cook set has spanned all the controversy, and will outlive me! (i'll pass it down to my kids who grew up with it) Granted, humanity has made deadly mistakes over the years, radium watch dial paint, x-ray shoe measuring equipment, , arsenic/lead based makeup and paint, etc,. Those kinds of things pass in a relatively short amount of time. Aluminum, iron, and titanium are some of the most plentiful elements on Earth, in our soil, all around us. Titanium is in our medical implants, gold/silver/mercury in our teeth, steel and aluminum in our kitchens. Life expediencies increasing. I think it's all ok.