My main cookware is a Mirro aluminum "mess kit" I bought in 1983. It's got two pots, two plates, two cups, and I strip it down to one pot only, most of the time. It's uncoated, happily oxidized/stained, beautifully discolored from various stoves and fires over the last 3 decades. I would't trade for it for anything. My car-camping percolator coffee pot is also a Mirro aluminum, and makes amazing coffee, also at least 20 years old.
But...when talking about aluminum as cookware, there are differences. Cook pots made from beer cans are plastic coated to protect the metal from acidity of the beer. That plastic bakes off into your food, so I stay away from it. I went through a phase of homemade ultralite cookware, and went back to my Mirro aluminum, as well as a paper thin Mirro stainless cook pot....a little to small for two people, so I favor the aluminum pot. Uncoated, food grade aluminum cookware is becoming harder and harder to find, since most now gets coated with non-stick surfaces. Grease pots make good cookware if you can find it (Walmart!). I don't own any titanium.