Quote:
"Some people will write as they go and then upload when they can, while others write up their experiences from the last few days once they get a chance to upload, or write afterwards."

I think that's exactly right, and my estimate is that the (high) majority don't write everything up "on the spot" --- it's been a long day, you're tired, you might jot down a few notes and then write more from it later. Or do so without notes at next trail stop.

For most of my long distance trips I've carried a folding blutooth keyboard. This allowed me to write up my entire entries the evening of the day described. When I later stopped using that --- in favor of a smartphone with a bigger screen (so typing 'on screen' wasn't as hard), I still wrote everything up in my tent at the end of the day.

Virtually all of my journals and journal entries are that way, and I explicitly (and successfully) fought the temptation to go back later to change anything, to "fix things up". I might in a couple of cases have gone back to fix an obvious spelling or grammar error, but that's it.

Because memory is so flakey. Writing even a day or two after the fact, things get muddled, we write some combination of what did happen, and how we felt about it and what we later heard about it, altered by whatever has happened to us in the interim. OTOH, words written that day really help bring everything back for me, put me mentally back in the journey.

So I think this approach is a good one, depending on exactly what's being done (of course)!

My journals are almost all at www.postholer.com/brianle. On the postholer site where there are multiple journals, they show up as links at the bottom of each entry.