Side Pouch (each):
30” H x 7-1/5” W x 4” D
76 cm H x 19 cm W x 10 cm D
900 cu in / 14.4 liters

Weight:
Pack: 14.5 oz / 420 g
Belt: 7 oz / 200g (with foam padding)
2 oz / 50 g (without padding)

The top of the backpack is closed with velcro, and can be cinched down with the two attached straps to compress the pack.

The belt is removable so you can go without a belt, or slide in a different style belt. For example, I will sometimes use a WWII style pistol belt, that allows easy connection of various pouches for accessories.

The shoulder straps, since the foam padding is sewn into place, is a full 3" wide and 1/2" thick. I used a high density foam because it offers good padding for its thickness with little compression under load. Also, I included three stretchable straps on it to make it easier to get a drinking tube out. Also, I plan on being able to clip things onto the straps (I grew up with an exterior frame pack, so I like attaching things on the outside for ready access) such as a compass or GPS.

The outside pouches are large...very large. Actually, the side pouches turned out too large, if I were to make it again I would cut the depth down by half. The reason behind the size is to be able to carry wet items for drying and easy access; in the winter to hold the outer fly of my Alpha CD tent.

Finally, the front and side pouches have cinch cords for securing what is inside the pouches, and for compressing the pack for a more secure carry.

Any questions, ask away. Should I do a full write up?

PS. I also added a sternum strap to the shoulder straps.

Edited by PaHiker (02/14/16 07:21 AM)