Yep, I'm finding everything to be spot on what everyone is suggesting. I guess I'm not so much looking to get a new pack, but was more looking to see where it fits in the overall scheme of things weight wise. When I bought it, I believe it was considered really lightweight, but things have changed since then.

I can't be that far off weight-wise when I think about it. 40lbs fully loaded isn't that bad considering. I know I'll drop about 5lbs when I get my new tent. I've got 10 days worth of food, which I can get lower in weight by making my own meals, which I'm starting to now do prep for.

My largest weight drop though will happen this winter as I'm bound & determined to lose some girth. My new rain gear arrived today, and come to find out, their sizes run a bit small. Both pants and jacket are XL, but I've got L size clothes that are bigger than those are. The store doesn't sell larger than XL, so I'm going to fit into them rather than get something else to fit onto me. Hockey will start soon, badminton starts Monday, and I'm going to start walking a treadmill when watching TV instead of laying on the couch.

Just think, if I were to lose 60lbs, that would be like carrying a -20lb pack!