Last night, my friend and I were camping out on her ranch in a teepee. Her ranch is the only area of land up there with running water, and recently there was a bear sighting. Last time we were there, there were bear tracks by the entrance to the campgrounds and on the couch. Also, the teepee is probably fifty yards or less from the creek.
Last night, I was awake and my friend was asleep when I heard crunches and sniffing. I woke her up, and we listened for a bit til we heard it again. Loud sniffing, crunching footsteps, and sometimes the footsteps would pick up speed, like it was running. We got our airhorn and a pool stick (only weapon we had) ready. Mind you, we would have first talked before blowing the horn.
We could tell by the footsteps it was huge. Then, it started to scratch the teepee. We didn't know what to do, we were completely silent. It kept scratching and sniffing and running and walking outside. We kept all lights shined towards the back of the tent, due to the fact that the teepee door doesn't close completely so we did not want to lead it inside. We were honestly terrified, we are not even old enough to have driving permits. About ten minutes later, when it started running and moving and clawing more, and we guessed climbing due to the rising scratch sounds, we called her dad to pick us up.
A few minutes later, he came, beat a stick on the ground, and took us to their house for the night. He didn't believe us and he was making fun of his in front of his friends. The next day, we went down to get our stuff, (food was in the ice box or bear box) and we saw huge bear tracks. They were almost as big as our hands. The teepee door had been torn apart from the teepee partially, and the blanket that was covering the entrance was tossed on the ground. All the stuff that was in our teepee was in a pile on the floor.

Long forum post short, how can we be better prepared? There is definitely a bear chilling out down there, and it has been getting close to the teepee and obviously knows how to get in. We still want to go camping however, what should we do?