Steaks frozen in a REALLY cold freezer will keep for the second day in most mountain environments. I would just wrap the steaks inside your clothes bag, or wrap the sleeping pad around them. I find that a black backpack really absorbs the heat. Think about using a light colored pack cover. Also transport the frozen stakes to the trailhead in a cooler with dry ice to delay the start of thawing. The steaks will actually remain frozen longer than your frozen drinks. Or do you mean frozen whisky when you say "frozen drinks"?

Much food we put in our refrigerators actually will keep a few days at room temperature. The key is to keep the inside of your pack room temperature. Unwashed eggs, for example will keep up to a week. Beef spoils less easily than chicken or pork.

Often I will fish as I walk along. I put the fish in a gallon ziplock baggie, fill with lake water and change the water every time I cross a stream. I will either just carry the zip lock in my hand or put it in the outside back pocket of my pack. I suppose you could do the same for the steak once it has thawed.