For some reason, I can't copy and paste.

I had quite the experience with finding trail runners for myself. But, I did find the store to buy them at. Now, with a few years of experience, I know that New Balance fits my foot perfectly, and I know the exact size of theirs that fits... 11 4E. It is long enough that my toes don't crunch at the front when on a long downhill section, and they are wide enough to be comfortable. If I get 2Es, then they are too long. With that being said, I recently wanted to see if other companies had something to offer. I started at REI. I have never had good success with the. All their offerings are always too narrow. This was the case this time as well. I went to Sportsmans Warehouse and found some Keens that were wide, but the heels are too loose. Their sandals work, but I wanted Trail Runners. i went to another local store here that is similar to REI with no luck. Then I went to a big box store (I think Sports Authority). I was able to try on the Merrill Ventilators in Wide, and they fit...yay. I had been looking at them and had wanted to get them for a while, but after trying them on... I think they have too much padding. That means too much stuff inside that would take a long time to dry out if they get wet. They are also kinda heavy for a TR. At this point I decided that New Balance was for me.... so I go to the New Balance store. They only had 4 models of TRs and none were in my size. I went to their store because I figured they would have the largest selection. I will never go back..what good are they. Now, I live in a small town 30 minutes west of Salt Lake City. All these places are more than an hour from my house. I took a couple lunch breaks and visited them because my office is closer. I finally decided to go to the small Big 5 a mile from my house. Because we are in a small town, this store is pretty small. But, they had at least 5 New Balance options that were TRs and in my 11 4E. $50 later, I walk out with the 531s. Now, why did I wander all over the city looking for shoes?

Edited by finallyME (06/24/15 05:10 PM)