I've often scoffed at stories of people (usually women) that somehow become infatuated with death-row inmates, exchanging letters, even visiting and in the rarest of occurrences, actually marrying said inmate. In many instances, this happens even though they've never met in person. I guess I just found it hard to believe these people were playing with a full deck of cards...perhaps they're not?

I recently found myself in unfamiliar territory, although I sleep better at night by convincing myself it's more like admiring your favorite athlete from afar. Being that thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail has made it on to my life's bucket list, I've been keeping up on the 2015 list of thru-hikers currently attempting a full traverse of the AT. One in particular caught my attention and I find myself rooting for her as though she's my kid sister. Perhaps I am hoping to live vicariously through her for the next 5 months? Either way, in a separate, unrelated post I had mentioned that I intend to dole out some form of trail magic for thru-hikers this summer (in New Jersey) and I can't think of a more appropriate way than to lend a hand to this person's attempt (don't worry, there will be plenty of TBD magic to go around!).

Anywho, due to extenuating circumstances, she started her attempt today and I just wanted to formally wish her and everyone else on the trail the best of luck. Names (trail or otherwise) have been omitted to protect the innocent.
Did you know that 83.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot?