I've often scoffed at stories of people (usually women) that somehow become infatuated with death-row inmates, exchanging letters, even visiting and in the rarest of occurrences, actually marrying said inmate. In many instances, this happens even though they've never met in person. I guess I just found it hard to believe these people were playing with a full deck of cards...perhaps they're not?

I recently found myself in unfamiliar territory, although I sleep better at night by convincing myself it's more like admiring your favorite athlete from afar. Being that thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail has made it on to my life's bucket list, I've been keeping up on the 2015 list of thru-hikers currently attempting a full traverse of the AT. One in particular caught my attention and I find myself rooting for her as though she's my kid sister. Perhaps I am hoping to live vicariously through her for the next 5 months? Either way, in a separate, unrelated post I had mentioned that I intend to dole out some form of trail magic for thru-hikers this summer (in New Jersey) and I can't think of a more appropriate way than to lend a hand to this person's attempt (don't worry, there will be plenty of TBD magic to go around!).

Anywho, due to extenuating circumstances, she started her attempt today and I just wanted to formally wish her and everyone else on the trail the best of luck. Names (trail or otherwise) have been omitted to protect the innocent.