Well my daughter quit her job today. She's not been happy managing retail stores for awhile and she decided she wanted to go full on with her Garden Service and instructing Cross Fit classes.

I'm proud of her. It's family thing maybe, but there hasn't been a Stephenson that didn't start a business and work for themselves since at least the late 1800s so I've been sort of expecting she would too.

I've been working on her website and it's pretty close to being complete now, and I've started about another 140 seeds in pots the past couple days and made another covered row to get them started.

We had a tornado ripping stuff up not far from us a few nights ago. We sat down in the basement where I have my office now and watched it go about six miles south of us on the NOAA radar. It really didn't get bad here, but I could here it rumbling and see the lightning from the basement window. Anyway, my hoop tunnels held up pretty good through that, so I was happy about that.

Most of the seeds I planted first are really coming up strong now. No tomatoes yet though. They should've sprouted, but haven't yet, and there are a few other no shows in the flats I seeded.

I think I got enough seeds started now, and I've got three more rows to dig out. I'm going to finish filling in the bed in the photo and then make another like it on the other end of the garden. This is adding a lot of planting area this year, probably around a 100 sq ft.

I'm going full on Ruth Stout on my garden this year. I'm going to pile so much mulch on it that weeds don't have a chance to grow and I'm going to keep piling it on until I fill in the trenches to the top of the rows

We'll see how that works out...

"You want to go where?"