Originally Posted By OregonMouse
My mouth is watering at the thought of garden-fresh asparagus! It looks as though the burro has spotted something interesting in there!

Mine too OM!!

I don't know if asparagus you buy in the store is organic, but it's hard for me to imagine why it wouldn't be. Mine comes up before the bugs come out, and I've never seen a bug on it. I'd like to try growing it from seed, but so far none has volunteered. I need to read up on propagating what I've got.

I got a few more hours out there today. I planted a bunch of peas and tomatoes in little starter containers I've saved from years previous. I've never tried growing tomatoes from seed before, so it's an experiment. It will get down to about 35º on Wednesday, so they won't be sprouting for a bit yet, and a cold snap could stunt them, but I want to see how it goes with them under the hoop tunnels. If the soil warms enough to keep the seedlings healthy it will be a boon, if not it will be a learning experience.

It's been in my plan since I started this garden to grow some melons, and this year the garden is ready. I started digging out the dirt in between the rows this afternoon and I'm going to mix a bunch of burrow compost with it and pile it up in a mound where I've got some space left on each end of the garden.

I found a baby turtle in there while I was digging. He looked okay so I put him under some leaves. I'll check tomorrow to see if he's still there. Now that I think of it I should've relocated him far away from the garden eek

"You want to go where?"