Personally, I don't feel it's my responsibility to inform or enforce rules and regulations, so if I see them broken I generally don't do or say a thing. I do follow them though. Around here it's not hard, and there's really no good reason too ignore them.

When I'm off trail I rarely see anyone anyway, so I don't run into much (or any) of the things listed, and unless it's really only me around I never camp where others do.

I've carried a lot of trash out that's been left behind by others. Little bits that get left behind by accident don't bother me, but piles and bags of it sure boils my blood. I've never had the chance to see it actually happen though. I used to lug it out, but I don't do that so much anymore. The bits and pieces, yeah, but bags, not so much now. I've kind of passed the baton on that one.

I will say that there are some car campsites I know of here that have had the same trash in them for years, and that does bother me. I feel we pay a lot for our NF upkeep and I can't help but think someone ought to be out there taking care of that. They can't be nannies, but they can do some clean up now and then.

Edited by billstephenson (10/17/14 08:12 PM)

"You want to go where?"