Most of my meals are packed in single serve re-purposed mylar snack bags. (Wash and dry well, seal both ends with a clothes iron.) Like Sarbar's, most of my food is precooked and dehydrated. Add hot or cold water on-site. Eat from bag, lick off the spoon, sanitize it the next time I heat water. The bags are thrown out whenever a trash can is available. I've happily done this for nearly 15 years. Before this method, I cleaned the pot or cup as well as possible with a spoon or small scraper, added some water to swish around, then drank the "pot soup." No soap, no waste to leave behind. This works OK for simple, non-greasy foods. If I decide to take something like raw bacon or raw meat, I might cook these on sticks over an open fire, then burn the sticks. The grease would fall into the fire, so no worries about getting rid of that. Ground meat can be cooked in veggies (peppers, tomatoes,onions,etc.)or in foil which can be disposed of later. For me, these are too much trouble. I might reconsider if on a long trip, close to a resupply trail head. Actually washing dishes is something I try to avoid. I only carry a pot and maybe a cup, plus a spoon. Simplify, simplify, simplify...