Bobito,
Yeah, the weather was "interesting" to say the least. I got rained on east of Donahue Pass, south of Thousand Island Lake and briefly near Deer Creek. These were typical Sierra afternoon thunderstorms. Then, I had fairly nice weather until I got to Evolution Lake.

It started raining shortly after I left McClure Meadows at 8:00 am and kept it up until mid afternoon. It rained while I was crossing Muir Pass and again when I crossed Mather Pass. It rained most of my time in the LeConte valley too. No rain over Pinchot Pass or Glen Pass but I did get rain at the Rae Lakes. I had a dry day walking from the Rae Lakes to the Center Creek crossing. Then, about 3:00 am on Aug. 3rd it started raining hard and continued to rain till mid-late afternoon. This was a zero day for me. The storm had the creeks over their banks and snow above about 12,500'. The next day I crossed Forester Pass in rain, thick fog and through 6" of wet snow. The rain stopped before I got to Wright Creek crossing where I camped for the night. To get there, I had to wade both Tyndall and Wright Creeks: mid-thigh deep and fast flowing. The next morning I waded Wallace Creek and then made my way to Guitar Lake in sunny weather. Whitney day was clear and sunny but there was snow on the summit and on the trail from Trail Crest.

Overall, I had a good time and my gear was OK for the weather (barely). If I'd known what the weather was to be, though, I'd have taken more clothes and different raingear.

Edited by Pika (08/23/14 03:13 PM)