I don't disagree with you. I don't narrow what I consider healthy down to just fresh food only.

My main point is that what a healthy diet consist of differs from one person to another and is really a quite complex thing.

I learned this from my grandmother. We talked a lot about how food makes you feel, and what foods made you feel good, and why.

My grandmother was small. She never gained or lost much weight, and she didn't eat much, but she ate a wide variety of things. One of my aunts was a big women. She ate a lot but she never gained or lost much weight either. My aunt ate a lot, but like my grandmother, most everything I saw her eat was considered "good for you" and she made most of her food "fresh from scratch" too.

They both lived to be in their late `90s and both of them were pretty active and healthy up to their last few years. It would've been easy to conclude my aunt's diet was unhealthy just by looking at her weight, and I admit I did at one time, but I don't see how that could have been a fact now. Both of them told me most everyone their age had long since past years before they did and no one could dispute that.

I think each of us has to figure out what works for us, but I believe we'd all do well to be taught to "feel" food, kind of like we're taught to "feel" drugs. Both my aunt and my grandmother talked a lot about how good food made them feel good. No one talks about that much anymore.

Bringing along a mule isn't a bad idea. I've done it. It was great. There ain't no food lighter than what a mule carries for you.

"You want to go where?"