Follow up on my Silnylon rain pants project.

Having no better alternative we ordered a Green Peppers pattern. I took some cheap scrap material and did a quick and dirty mock up. We both thought the fit was a little to tight so we took some measurements from our preclip pants and also managed quite nicely to convert the pattern into a two piece pattern instead of a 4 piece pattern. That made it possible to eliminate the two large outside seams. Less places to seal, leak or both.

The choice of a flat felled seam worked very well on the inseam of the pant leg. It is a little slow in sewing and I had help from my better half in managing the material after the needle but the result was a beautifully even set of top stiches. I was very happy. I will finish the 2 legs together with a FF seam as well.

Taking a break for dinner and back for more on the other pant leg. Will have to decide on elastic for waist hem. The pant legs are cut a little wider than straight leg jeans and will get a small Velcro cinch like a jacket wrist closure in case for some reason we want to cinch them tight. Pants should come in at about 3 oz per pair.

thanks to all who posted with help on this small project. It has been very helpful.

jimmyb