Fantastic! So, the baffles are only taped and not heat sealed? What type of tape did you use?

And, for those who don't have access to fancy heat sealing machines, I had success making quick and dirty rain pants for my oldest son out of a trash bag (polyethylene) by sandwiching it between two pieces of paper and running over the seams with an iron on low heat. I think I had it about 1/4 to 1/3 the way up, and even that was really a bit too hot, but it worked.

In reply to this:
Originally Posted By billstephenson
Quote:
I also plan to put down in net tubes and insert the tubes into the mat

I wonder if you could make a tube from two pieces of plastic material where the bottom half is reflective (shiny side up) and top half is net.

I think I read the Neoair mats use a reflective material, similar to a shiny "space blanket", inside their mat that is formed like a honeycomb. They also use a (somewhat) reflective bottom surface on them.

I believe the reflective surfaces mostly depend on having air space next to them to work their best, so having down fill packed next to it may reduce their efficacy. It might still be worth it, IDK. You'd have to build two versions that are identical except that one would have the reflective surface and the other would not and compare their warmth.