Thanks for posting Tom, your right about buying used. Like you said big savings can be had if your not in a hurry. I like to hit the close out racks, shop the last resort outlets of the retailers and closeout sights like sunny sports, O2 gear, dept. of goods ect. By the way that red parka is awesome!

The wife and I swore off EBay. We thought we got a killer deal on a new pair of boots for her that failed big time on day 2 of hiking Yellowstone a few years ago. Seller was no where to be found. Vasque figured they were really old sun damaged stock and could not cover guarantee.

We are definitely frugal, not to be confused with being cheap. We like to bargain hunt and save by not going out a lot. We are not big party people. We shop deals on everything from food to fuel. Its really not any extra effort but at the end of the year we have a nice little savings to take those trips that are so important to us. And how can you beat vacation accommodations for $15 a night at some of the most beautiful places on earth. I am a lucky man to have a bride that will sleep out in tents, go without ideal bathroom conditions and still be bright eyed and ready to go adventuring day after day. smile grin smile

jimmyb