Hey all!

My girlfriend and I are planning a backpacking trip for mid-September with our two large dogs (18 month old lab/dane/shepherd @ 75 lbs and 2 year old lab/mastiff @ 90 lbs).

We'll be hiking in north-central Washington (Cascade range). While we don't expend overly rough terrain this time out, I'd kind of like to plan for more advanced hikes now rather than need to update my tent later. We also like snow-shoeing and winter hiking, so it will probably be worthwhile to invest in a 4-season tent.

The dogs both have a lot of experience on trails for day hikes, but this will be the first time over-night.

We're having trouble finding a tent that will fit all of us without adding too much weight to my pack. We definitely want them in the tent with us and don't mind snuggling while sleeping, but might want a little room to maneuver before bed and in the morning.

Any suggestions?

Feel free to give any other tips you think we may need as this is the first time camping with dogs for either of us. We're looking at an out-and-back of 10-12 miles each way for our first go (standard day hike for us all)