Originally Posted By Glenn Roberts
The stuff you own could be lighter, but they're good quality items, so there's no reason to replace them. The stuff you're looking at buying is also good quality, so if it appeals to you, get it. There's lots of good gear out there, and in the end it comes down to what works efficiently for you. (You want gear that you can get so comfortable using that it fades into the background of the trip. I've used a Crux, and just never found I could use it efficiently; my Jetboil, on the other hand, is like someone watched me cook and built a stove for me. It may very well be that you'll find Nirvana with the Crux - there is no absolute right or wrong answer, just whatever works best for you.)

If you can swing the cost of the Antares bag right now, REI has a promotion where they'll throw in a free Neoair All-Season pad - which would be a significant upgrade to the Trail Scout (warmer, more comfortable, and 3/4 of a pound lighter than the Trail Scout.) Go to REI's website and search "Antares" and it should pop up. I've used the All-Season; it's a great pad. (I use a Big Agnes Q-Core SL now, but I'm not sure I could give any specific reason why I chose it over the All-Season.)

Thanks Glenn, I found the Antares bag on that there Amazon site for 269 and change as compared to the 379 and change for the bag from REI (with the pad included - so 139 value) I guess its about a push on "value". Thanks for the tip. Been researching this stuff for weeks and missed that offer from REI.

Thanks again,

Bears