I do like the topic. I have (or have had....really worked hard on it the last 20 years) a serious issue with obsessive compulsive behavior. Although my life has sketched out a few lifestyle priorities, backpacking and hiking being one of them, I tended to swing to the extreme for a period on one aspect (career -> burnout; backpacking->disregard of anything else the family wanted to do; fishing->not home enough with family or preoccupied with it in evenings neglecting family). So for me, there are no more priorities, just a manageable number of activities that describe my lifestyle priorities. Boundaries must be set for all activities, and each decision must be made in the interest of where I am now in career, family, health (a biggy! learned during burnout that my recreational passions are pivotal to my physical and mental health). My own perspective on the value of a conference may not track true with reality...
I have decided, however, that often business events are unrepeatable in terms of content or opportunity, whereas most of my outdoor experiences (and that's why I love nature) will be there when I get there. Patience - I'll get to it, so business needs do trump most of the time. Nonetheless, I can also create an event storm in my business areas that never lets up, then act like I am a victim of circumstance.
Pick my battles, pick my battlegrounds. Only so much life to live, so many hours in a day, so many opportunities to connect with loved ones. It's all a balance.