Originally Posted By skcreidc
Hey finallyME. What I was trying to say in my previous posts (in the classic skcreidc thread drift)is that my making surfboards(for 18 years and 15000 boards now) and you making these pads is not so different. First of all, both processes use petroleum based products in amounts that barely constitute a blip on the petrochemical companies radar. So raw material prices go up but they don't come down (as the price of crude oil does). You can kind of see this in gasoline; prices go up faster than they come down. And second, how you make your 10th pad will be very different from your 100th pad, and so on with your 1000th pad. So don't be too quick to toss in the towel after 6 pads. After 10 to 20 pads, you will actually start to know what you are doing (in the production/manufacturing sense). Anyway, you will sure know pads after this no matter what. So have fun with it and good luck.

Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully I will be able to see if you are right or not, with my 1000th pad. smile