I need help choosing a tent/fuel combination for BWCA camping/ice fishing. My son and I were canoeing there in Nov and the water temp was 41. We had outriggers on the boat for safety. Wish I could have stayed in the bush, but wasn't setup for it.

Fishing/ice fishing in the cold can numb you up pretty bad, so I really want either a white gas stove with chimney or wood stove with chimney, but am open to other ideas as long as I can get the inside temp of the tent warm enough to dry wet mittens and heat up my feet.

I have a 2 man northface winter, but it is small and gets to 53 when it is 27 and windy outside; that isn't warm enough for my feet that were frozen at age 17. They need to hit 60 out of the boots once in a while.

I really like the ECWT tent, but doubt it'd work with woodstove inside...they were designed as blackouts and they have a place to set an 8500btu field stove, but no chimney port....perhaps a white gas stove with chimney would work in one? Or I could get the ewct to sleep in and a cheep tarp teepee for cooking and to warm up in with wood.

Or an expensive snowtrekker to do it all?

Or an expensive teepee for everything, but these don't have floors so not sure how you'd stay dry on a heated frozen earth floor..

Thanks for any replies. I'm really confused, but leaning towards the cheap tarp for a hotzone and no heat at nite.