I took the survey but would never consider the Pocket Rocket (the stove pictured) because its pot supports appear quite fragile (which has been noted in reviews). Mine is a Primus (since discontinued); another high quality brand is Snow Peak.

As mentioned before, I make sure my stove is set on bare ground and level the ground under the canister if necessary, so I have no need of any separate device to make the stove level.

Should you wish to address a more complex and more important issue with canister stoves, there are two: First, the isobutane/propane mix fuel does not perform well in below-freezing temperatures, although using a remote stove that allows the canister to be turned upside down (keeping the propane part from evaporating first) helps a lot, as does keeping the canister warm before and during use. Second, without a scale (something most of us have at home but certainly don't take backpacking) it's difficult to tell how much fuel is left in the canister.

As mentioned by others, many--probably most--lightweight backpackers use alcohol stoves. I have both but prefer the convenience of the canister.