Bill

Couldn't that reflecer just sort of be at a 45 degree angle?

My homeless friends prefer a three pole tall dome tent with vestibules on each end. They put a reflectorized blanket over the inner tent and then insulating layers like sleeping bags over that and then put the roof on. A propane stove warming a coffee can with holes to promote air flow, will keep you warm on a cold day. Votive candles in those glass "jars" will heat a tent nicely - say 6 on a zero degree night. The homeless and climbers and hunters have used fires in their tents, caves and teepees for hundreds or thousands of years. The only thing unsafe is a modern stove in a modern tent. You cannot die from carbonmonoxide from candles and apparently seal oil lamps can be used in igloos without harm. I think there is a lot of old technology that would be useful to modern campers, except people think newer is better.

fact is - there is this box that we think inside of. How bout a lightweight folding box that has straps to carry it, unfolds into a rigid waterproof shelter, and is heated by a salad oil lamp and all cooking is on the oil lamp*1? Its painted flat white inside to trap the heat and camo outside. The floor is rigid so it can be suspended or set on uneven rock. But is it camping? What if it was prefolded and screwed to my sled - then would it be snow camping? The idea of an unfolding studio sitting on a sled comes to mind.

*1 many arctic peoples do all of their heating and cooking with a seal oil lamp - indoors.
Jim