I am interested in how you process your photos. I have Adobe 10 Elements and through trial and error settled on the method below. I am open to ALL ideas! There has got to be a better way.

1) rotate and crop the photo
2) adjust lighting first with "levels". I find this does less color distortion and a lot of my photos are simply overexposed.
3) then go to "shadows and highlights" - go straight here if snow in the photo to reduce the overexposure in the snow. I really limit what I do here, becuase it distorts color. If I darken highlights, I often have to go back and reduce saturation because the color looks too fake.
4) then go to "saturation". My husband swears that I see read more vividly than others- he may be right. I very often reduce the red. I also do not like fake looking sky - so may reduce saturation of cyan and blue. I may brighten the vegetation with a small increase in yellow saturation. I mostly use saturation for photos taken on cloudy days to bring out more color.
5) Then return to "levels" and fine tune.
6) If all tries fail, I delete the photo. A poor photo is a poor photo and may as well get rid of it.
7) If good, save under a different name (IMPORTANT!). Is there a quick way to know what size to use? I do not want to loose resolution but no need to save at 8 MB if the camera pixels only produce a 5MB photo.

I really need to learn to set my camera better before I take photos. BUT, between my old eyesight and sunlight on the display, I cannot read the menu to adjust! Very frustrating to me. I usually just set it on the generic scenery setting or auto.

Does anyone have a trick for reducing haze?