Hmmm, maybe I gave off the wrong vibe....
I readily enjoyed my town days, usually every 5-6 days
And one concern I have at this point is making sure on either one of these trails
I can readily find water and then food. I got real good at the weekly grocery trip too, in fact too good from a weight perspective; just as I figured how little equipment and clothes and such I needed and bought lighter stuff anyway, my food weight got pretty high....
Something I need to learn for this one as it will make the difference of hiking comfortably
And making miles to do this in a timely manner.

Socially, part of why I do this and want to know more and be skilled is for that aspect. In fact, I would like to ultimately find someone down to do this hike with me when I go if I find a like minded individual who wants the same kind of thing out of a thru hike; and I would think that may be more likely than I suppose.....
I did meet some great people out there, hiked with a handful and we all kinda pushed
Each other and had some cool camp stories.

But I was just trying to ilustrate the fact that as I got some experience I gravitated to the 'hike' aspect of being out there, seeing such varied and amazing things and views and being challenged.....and knowing I had gotten myself there to these "hard to reach" spots.

So hopefully I do some justice to the social part too, it was fun when opportunity arose but I had more fun on the hike everyday. And I hope to build on those foundations and meet other people out there who think about things similarly.