Originally Posted By phat

I dunno lori - I think there's enough Condescension on all sides. I've seen lightweighters be pretty Condescending to traditionalists, etc. I've definately seen lots of Condescending hammockers too (and even though I love my hammock, it's not the solution to everything..)

Having said that, come on, most people are catered to by the gear marketers and stores.. You wanna know why people do that stuff and stick with it? Go into a gear store and play newbie. Say you wanna buy stuff to go on trips up to 7 days - and do it like "super size me" - if they suggest it, you gotta buy it.. if they suggest two things, buy the bigger and tougher.

he got his pack at Costco for forty bucks. They don't really sell you gear, they sell you everything in huge lots tho. I think he is more "spend everything on the camera and nothing on the gear." cool

I know the folks at the stores can be bad about this... it would be interesting to experiment ala "super size" gear - but I couldn't do it. Most of the store peeps in my area are in my hiking group and know who I am. wink

http://hikeandbackpack.com