Hi,

Being rather new to this forum I was browsing thru some older posts most related to the kind of hiking that got me interested in this as a more serious hobby. I truly only have one big hike under my belt; a large chunk of the AT where I learned on the fly some basics on efficient hiking and maximizing town trips, etc.

I was quite impressed by your travels and the hikes you have completed. Would be very interested in how you go about preparing for a hike like some of the ones you have completed. This is my *new* approach after doing about a third of the AT with no clue what it would take......
For example, I trashed a tent a couple hundred miles in as it was a bulky 3 man that did not like to dry for a lightweight north face one, which took what felt like 10 pounds off at once. Anyway, I did enjoy things a lot more as I became more adept at what I was doing.

Another conversation at some point; I thought the NE part of the AT was really amazing (the Whites, Maine) and am curious how that part compares with some of the other regions of the two other main trails.

So as far as planning something new I am taking the couple of years approach so perhaps this site will help fodder my interest and give some greater connectedness and insight while I get to a point of feasibility.
These posts are great acknowledgements to possibility. Thanks for sharing about the PCT and CDT.