I'm mostly vegetarian. Sometimes I'll get a craving for meat and just eat it.

Anyway, I don't care for freeze dried vegetarian meals. Personally, I've found Dr. McDougal's soups or Nile Spice soups form a tasty and nutritious base for vegetarian meals. They are $1.69 and $1.39 apiece here. To add calories, I'll add about 7 grams of rice bran and 7 grams of sunflower seeds. If I really want to boost calories, I'll add 7 grams of chocolate chips which give them an interesting flavor.

Breakfast is always some sort of oatmeal. Usually 44 grams oatmeal, 22 grams granola, 7 grams rice bran, 7 grams chocolate chips and 7 grams of coconut flakes. This gives about 350 calories and takes awhile to hike off.

For snacks, I like a tortilla with peanut butter. I add a mixture of granola, peanuts, and chocolate chips.

For a night time snack, I soak dehydrated bananas for 1/2 hour. Then I simmer them until they look like fresh bananas. This takes about 5 to 10 minutes. I'll then add crushed peanuts and chocolate chips. Heat until the chips melt. On top, I'll put Graham Crackers. Two cups of this is about 600 calories.

I have some recipes on this blog. Most of them are in the Sept 2011 posts. The bean soup is really good. So is the potato soup. All the recipes will fit in a small Ziploc snackbag except the cobbler.

Edited by Gershon (05/01/12 07:01 AM)