I still shoot with my Nikon FN2. Its a beautiful piece of equipment and makes wonderful pictures, but I have noticed the quality of film available has been going down recently. The one advantage film still has is sensor size. Most digital slr's use a smaller ccd than 35mm film. You can pay through the nose for a full sensor size if you want but you can't get medium format much less large format digital cameras. P&S cameras spend all of there time talking about how many megapixels they have all the while each successive generation has a smaller and smaller sensor. My first digital P&S camera was only 5 MPx but had a nice large sensor. You would have to get an slr for equivalent optics today, but of course the electronics of that camera are blown away by what's standard on current low end p&s's.

I will have to admit that instantly knowing if you got the aperture, shutter speed, and lighting correct is a huge advantage that usually outweighs any quality advantages of film. I would switch to digital but I have higher priorities for my money and I still love the pictures that I can make with my old film camera.