WD
I've free climbed pitches of old pin scars in Yosemite Valley at the base of Royal Arches. You slip two fingers into the scar and toe the lip of the crack with sticky rubber climbing shoes. Its pretty satisfying to free climb the scars left by a prior generation who could not have free climbed the scars, not because they were'nt strong enough, but because they didn't know how. When I was 21 I laughed at the veertical rock in Yosemite - you obviously can't climb it - its vertical, and 21 years later I came back and started climbing it because someone showed me how.

I guess I don't get the OPs joke though. Does the name imply that by the time you finish you will have used every piece of hardware in your kitchen for protection (The whole rack?)?

I climbed one in Pinnacles where the first move was a pendulum across space and a grab onto the other side - at the top of an overhang. It was called Cantelope Death - refering to what might happen to your head if you screwed up.

Jim