Well, some of you may not know what to think of this, but I've been working on this for the last 3 years. From carrying about 5 pounds for 6 miles with 1300 ft elevation gain in maybe 2 hours at best, I've slowly worked up to doing 6 miles with 1500 foot elevation gain with 25 pounds in 1 hr 20 min. And 8 miles with 2300 ft gain in under 1 hr 45 min, and 10 miles with 3300 ft gain in 2 hr 5 min, all with 25 pounds. I've done the same routes with as much as 35 pounds and am 10 to 15 min slower. I can tell I'm not getting run down as well. While my family around me are getting sick, I stay healthy come rain or shine.

This has all been done with 4 pounds of boots laced to my feet. I am hoping to find something comfortable that is in the 2 pound range but so far have not seem to find anything for when I do the real thing. Spent a week off the trail trying new trail shoes to no success. Even my mountaineering boots are more comfortable than the best of what I have tried on. I need to have happy feet so I'll have to keep looking.

Have a great friday sK