Quote:
I've had REALLY good luck with a product called Zanfel.

I've had other people tell me that Zanfel worked good for them. I bought my daughter some a few years ago and it seemed to help her, but she wasn't very impressed. I think that had a lot to do with the fact that she wanted an instant cure and there is no such thing.

I get exposed to at least a little to poison ivy almost every year. Last year I got it pretty good, no really terrible spots, but lot of light exposure. The idea is to remove the oil, and the consensus is that most soaps don't do that very well. Zanfel's claim is that they have concocted a special formula that breaks down and removes those oils. I decided to work on that goal using products that don't cost so much.

What I do now is lightly scrub the affected areas with Permatex Fast Orange Hand Cleaner. It has orange oil, and some petro distillates, to break down oil, mine also has pumice. I do this several times and rinse throughly in between. After that, I wash my entire body with Neutrogena anti residue shampoo, and again I rinse and repeat a few times.

I've used both of these products for decades while getting pretty greasy and oily while working and those products still work better than anything else I've come across for breaking oils of all kinds down and removing them from skin and hair. My experience is that this works better than anything else I've done to treat it.

There is also a product called "Ivy Block", which is completely ineffective after the fact, but did seem to help when I was harvesting some potatoes last year.

"You want to go where?"