Well, two summers ago I took the family to see my parents in Seattle. We were expecting the normal Seattle summer temps, but ended up with a week of over 100 weather. I had to bring the dog with us. A couple of days we spent down at the lake. You would think that a malamute would want to cool off in the lake when the temp is above 100. I would pull her up to her belly and she would pull back as hard as she could, and cry, cry, cry. Even when she saw all these other dogs (like labs etc.) who would be jumping in the water as much as possible, she wouldn't budge. She does like going in ankle deep though. She will go ankle deep in a freezing mountain stream. Of course, this last summer, I took my boys to the Uintas. We camped right next to river, for some fishing. My father-in-law caught a trout and we put it on a stringer. Then we had to tie it to a log and put it way out so she wouldn't go get it. In fact here is a picture of the log.

She had to get that fish so badly, that she ended up falling completely in. So, I guess if I had a fish, she would go in to get it. wink