I purchased a Shangri-la 2 with their 40% coupon code earlier this year and have been happy with it as well. Its a good fit for me since I wanted a floorless shelter I can use year round that was long enough that my long bag wouldnt rub the walls and also had side pull out tabs to give more space(especially in wind) I had a MLD trailstar which I liked a lot but the few times I went out snow camping I couldn't take the trailstar so would take a full tent that could shed snow a lot better. For that reason alone I decided to sell it and get something that I might be able to use year round. That, and Im sure my wife wouldn't of been to happy with me purchasing another shelter. I'm sure that was more of a factor in having to sell the trailstar.

So its more of a what suits your needs. With the trailstar, I've become comfortable sleeping under a tarp or simply under the stars so I've have the door open on my SL2 the few times Ive been able to use it. I'm curious to see how Ill like it in winter. If I do and I ever decide to purchase another shelter for 3season I was looking at the Bearpaw Lair or MLD solo trailstar. I really liked the trailstar but it is HUGE underneath and all of my hiking partners like their fully enclosed tents.

Edited by Cesar (10/12/11 06:30 PM)