Guys-

Please don't use methanol to disinfect wounds. You are far better off with soap and clean water. I will paste in the MSDS for methanol at the end of this, but know simply that the stuff is toxic whether ingested, inhaled, or absorbed through the skin. Maybe you won't absorb much, but with open wounds, who knows? My first aid kit has Immodium, a few dressings, bandaids, an elastic bandage, and some menses pads. The last are clean, absorb a heck of a lot of fluid and have a plastic barrier that can protect the hand of a person applying pressure. They are also good for their originally intended purpose. A decent sized bandana can cover a multitude of wounds and is, again, a multipurpose pack item. A bandana plus a menses pad makes a great pressure dressing, if one knows how to tie one. My other meds, Benadryl, naproxen, etc., are located in my food bag because I have enough issues that I take them pretty routinely.

CamperMom
MSDS on methanol-
Danger! Poison! May be fatal or cause blindness if swallowed. Vapor harmful. Flammable liquid and
vapor. Harmful if swallowed, inhaled, or absorbed through the skin. Causes eye, skin, and respiratory tract
irritation. May cause central nervous system depression. Cannot be made non-poisonous.
Target Organs: Eyes, nervous system, optic nerve.
Potential Health Effects
Eye: May cause painful sensitization to light. Methanol is a mild to moderate eye irritant. Inhalation,
ingestion or skin absorption of methanol can cause significant disturbance in vision, including blindness.
Skin: Causes moderate skin irritation. May be absorbed through the skin in harmful amounts. Prolonged
and or repeated contact may cause defatting of skin and dermatitis. Methanol can be absorbed through the
skin, producing systemic effects that include visual disturbances.
Ingestion: May be fatal or cause blindness if swallowed. Aspiration hazard. Cannot be made nonpoisonous.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause systematic
toxicity with acidosis. May cause central nervous system depression, characterized by excitement, followed
by headache, dizziness, drowsiness, and nausea. Advanced stages may cause collapse, unconsciousness,
coma, and possible death due to failed respiratory failure. May cause cardiopulmonary system effects.