Ok, well im back after about 5 days and im hooked!
There are several things i would change.
This is a list of what im not bringing/changing next time.

Food, i brought way to much. i thought i would be eating a lot but i never really had an appetite. it took up most of my space in my pack too. this is where proper planning comes in. i gave a lot of it away.

Clothes, i wore the same thing everyday. Even when i got completely soaked in rain. i just kept walking until i dried. probably not gonna wear underwear next time either. in the cold rain i wish i had proper rain gear. up at 5000 feet the temp dropped to about 45. next time im bringing a big poncho. the only extra clothes id bring are one pair of town clothes. long sleeve shirt. this would drop several pounds. i will always carry underarmor/ long underwear just in case it gets too cold. you never know

Water, i didnt have enough. i hiked mt rogers in VA and i was always thirsty going up. i would add a camelback next time. since my pack is compatabe with it.

Tent, my tent was good but i wish i had something bigger. it never got wet inside and held up awesome in high wind. Im tall so i couldnt sit up in it. it was heavy too at a little over 3 pounds. i think im gonna look into a hammock and a big tarp for next time. i have a big agnes air core. really thick at 2 and a hald inches. the only reason i was uncomfortable was because i was very sore the first few days.

i used the hiker pro for water filter and it was awesome. my stove a snow peak giga? or something like that and i love it. i could probably make my first aid kit a little smaller by bringing less bandaides. i didnt need bug spray or sunblock. my knife could be smaller but its already small (basic swiss army)

sleeping bag, is a kelty lighyear down. i think its rated to 40 degrees. i really like it so far.