Originally Posted By kevonionia
At the big-box store today, I found a new flavor (for me) of an old-standby crunchy granola bar:

It's pretty tasty. The cool part is that each package of two bars has 38 carbs. And the box of 48 packages (96 bars) with the store's current $3.25-off coupon makes it $9.04 a box. That's 19-cents a package, 9.5-cents a bar.

Granted, it ain't no Probar, but it ain't $3.00/bar either. And if I'm willing to be snubbed at trail breaks by my friends Clif and Lara, this is a cheap way to get some carbs on the trail.

I'll happily snub Clif and Lara... I tolerate Clif bars, and while I know it's heresy because lots of people love them I can't stand Lara bars.. I dislike most of the commercial bars enough that I just make two or three trays of hudson's bay bread and package it up before the start of every season. I do actually however *like* the old standby nature valley granola bars, so usually if I'm not taking my own stuff, I take those, and/or mars and snickers bars. (and cheese, and dry sausage, and almonds, and dried mangoes.. etc. etc..)

Browse my pictures