I am just trying to document what my experience has been with these boots so far. The most important information is that I have fairly large wide feet with a high arch; 13.5eeee and 14eee to be more precise. Check 'em out for yourself...

The bones at the tops of my arches form a point that you can see on profile. Because of this I haven't tied by boots "normally" for 20 years or more. I make sure my feet don't slide around but never have the shoe laces going over the arch. The reason I am giving this much info about my feet is because the fit is all about the type of foot you have.

Trail time; I put at least 30 mi on trial a week and typically over 40. These are not High Sierra miles, but maybe something like a 5 on a scale of 10. I switch out a lot and run trail until about two months ago when I broke my little toe (and had my running shoes die). I had to slow down and surprizingly I could wear the Merrell boots fairly comfortably. This was a nice surprise. These things kept my feet dry during rainstorms (provided I wore long pants or gators). After the rainy months, there was no separation of the rubber lowers from the leather upper portion. That happens a lot with my boots.

The bottom is still holding up well and hardly any chipping has occurred.

The one thing that has bothered me is the HUGE Merrell stamped across the front. I always feel like I am paying to advertise for somebody. Oh well, when they are covered in dirt and mud you can't read it anyway. At least it helped remind me who made the boots because for the life of me I can't remember the actual design name. There are 2 designs that look similar, but neither of the weights match. Mine weigh 2 pounds each. I can jog in them if I feel energetic. Looking forward to really giving them the once over off trial in the White Mountain Range of CA.