@ kevonionia - Thanks for the compliments. I am hopeful I can continue to provide useful information and trip reports.

@ hhavel - I will be posting a review of the Pelican Snow Trek 60 Sled shortly. In short, I prefer the Pelican Snow Trek 60 to the Paris Expedition (review) for a couple reasons. First, it's slightly wider size provides more stability. In Oregon, just like Alaska, we have lots of mountains and very little flat terrain. The wider sled is less prone to tipping over on steep slopes. Second, the Pelican sled is thicker plastic with higher sides. This means more durability and easier to load more gear piled higher. Third, the Pelican has pre-molded pole attachment points in the front. This makes it really easy to install removable pulk poles or a snowmobile hitch (although I have not tried with a snowmobile as I do not own one, but it is nice to have the option). The only pitfall is the Pelican sled is 15 pounds versus the Paris at only 5 lbs. This is not a problem if you are in shape and used to pulling lots of gear.

I plan to post more information on my setup in the near future including details on the inexpensive pole setup I am using. I will be sure to provide links and am happy to answer any questions.

The simple pole design I have on my Paris Expedition sled is from http://skipulk.com. Ed has a wealth of information on his site about pulk sleds. I look forward to letting him know about the Pelican Snow Trek 60 to see what he thinks.