Wow, that is all very interesting. I haven't been up to speed on digital publishing for at least 7-8 years now.

From an author's prospective, I'd think the integration with digital media might now becoming an integral part of the process and much less an option as compared to even a decade ago.

If the print media industry is to remain robust it will have to integrate a digital component into most of it's products. Authors and publishers can farm this out, but they'll still have to be involved in the process.

Personally, I still don't see the day when I'd rather have a book in a digital only format. There are publications I buy that are digital only, but given my druthers I'd always like to have the choice between the two and I use both versions often in a few cases right now.

Mother Earth News is one that comes to mind. I get the print version and would really miss that if it were eliminated, but I also use their digital version of the magazine and their web site a lot too. They are doing a light of right things that other publishers could learn from.

"You want to go where?"