I probably carry more backup gear than I should.

My repair kit (8.8 oz.)includes fire starting gear, book matches in my pocket and a baggy of book matches in my stove kit.

Wool liner glove in the tunnel pocket of my fleece hoodie, Possum Down gloves in my clothes bag, a pair of deli gloves in my clothes bag and a pair of medical gloves in the first aid kit. The deli gloves (.1 oz.) replace rain gloves or can be used in a glove sandwich.

Dri-Ducks jacket and poncho. Poncho is also hammock fly and Dri-Ducks jacket is for warmth and around camp.

Petzl e+Lite headlamp and Photon knock-off light on a lanyard around my neck. I seldom use the headlamp and even carry a spare set of batteries.

An extra set of underwear if more than two nights.

An extra pair of socks, sleeping fleece socks and produce bags for a vapor barrier kit.

TYVEK pants (2.2 oz.)for vapor barrier and rain pants.

Clorine dioxide tablets to back up AquaMira.

A buff in the tunnel pocket of the fleece hoodie, a Possum Down hat in my clothes bag, a bandana do-rag, and regular hiking hat.

Scissors on the mini-Buck 350 and sewing scissors.

Whistle on my lanyard and on the sternum strap of my pack.

A gallon water capacity, but this in not backup. I seldom carry more than 2 quarts, but the extra is camp water.

I can get rid of all my back-ups and hike with an 8 pound base weight, but my normal 12 pound base weight is more comfortable and provides options.